MLB Coverage: Fantasy Alarm Has You Covered
At Fantasy Alarm, we know you get better at fantasy baseball plus have more fun by playing both daily and seasonal. Here is our plans to help you achieve those goals.
It is here. The season is upon us. The entire Fantasy Alarm team has been working for you all spring and now it is time to announce our offerings for the season for both daily and seasonal fantasy sports players. We hope that you play both. We think that it makes you a better seasonal player if you play daily and a better daily player if you play seasonal. We always suggest that you play both.
The number one thing you should always expect from us is that we will answer all questions you as members of FANation send to us via chat, twitter or e-mail. We CARE about you and your fantasy teams!
You also can expect that we do our best ALWAYS. So, to show you what we plan, we outlined it below. The best way to find these things is to use the right menus on the homepage or on the MLB page. All of these things will be accessible from the menus on top of the page as well. For tools, we suggest you start at the Tools Home Page.
Many seasonal leagues will find these features helpful for their daily lineups. Our daily fantasy sports content is baked into our tools so that many of these features will also have data charts that are interactive within them. Virtually all our features contain automated information to show you salaries, ownership and if players are in the lineup plus some data to give you an edge. Here is the rundown of what we have for MLB Coverage.
- Daily Round-Up – It is a look at things that affected DFS or Seasonal leagues from the day before. This will be a staple of our combined daily and seasonal coverage.
- DFS Playbook – Our flagship product, it lays out for daily fantasy sports players, the players that they should invest in for that day’s main slate. It is complete with salaries in at least six systems and a deep breakdown of why you should use the player.
- DFS Rankings – Deep daily VALUE rankings for each position with salaries, ownership info and fantasy points per game.
- Hitting Coach – Your hitting dashboard with in-depth information about the matchups, sabermetrics, salaries, and everything you need to scout the hitters for daily fantasy sports or for your daily lineups in seasonal games. For slates larger of six games or larger, we will have a write up for the best hitters of the day above the data tables.
- Pitching Coach - Your pitching dashboard with in-depth information about the matchups, sabermetrics, complete salaries, and everything you need to scout the pitchers for daily fantasy sports or for your daily lineups in seasonal games. For slates larger of six games or larger, we will have a write up for the best pitchers of the day above the data tables.
- Optimal Lineups – We publish the actual lineups that we plan to play on FanDuel, DraftKings and Yahoo! We post “pivots” that allow users to make changes or learn how to build other lineups with more information.
- DFS Daily Stacks – Every day we break down what stacks to consider in daily fantasy sports. Using multiple players from the same lineup who are next to each other is one of the best strategies for big scores.
- Real-Time Chat (8am-8pm ET daily) – Our analysts will be there for you every day leading up to lineup lock to help you get the answers you need to succeed plus be there for every seasonal move or trade to help you validate or maximize value from it.
Weekly & Monthly Features
Many of our features transcend the daily slate, but are important to read for both the seasonal and the daily fantasy sports players. Knowing when a key player is coming off injury can help you identify DFS values and understanding things like managerial tendencies can also be helpful each day for DFS. Many of these features are done by the same people as last season and helped numerous people win their championships. These will start to roll out on Thursday March 29th.
- Managerial Tendencies (Mon) – Looks at strategies that should and should not be employed in seasonal fantasy baseball
- The Week That Was (Mon) – Glenn Colton has been recapping the week for fantasy players for the last decade.
- Injury Reports (Tues/Fri) – Multiple times a week, we check in on the injuries and their status.
- Stock Watch (Tues) – Looking at players who are going up in value and down in value.
- Waiver Wire Reports (Wed/Sat) – Multiple times a week, we check in on the waiver wire to give you who to pick up in your leagues.
- Prospect Report (Wed) – Weekly look at the best prospects to keep your eyes on for them to make their debut or to break out.
- Bullpen Report (Thurs) – Deep dive looking at bullpens with a tool called the Closer Grid.
- Category Impact (Fri) – Deep dive into different things affecting owners and how to manage them at different times of the year.
- Starting Pitching Streamers (Sat) – Players to use in weekly leagues to stream in the upcoming week.
- Two-Start Pitchers (Sun) – Looking at the pitchers that go twice for the upcoming week and determining which ones are great, good and dangerous.
- Weekly Planner (Sun) – Runs down all the pitchers who start twice and the schedule for fantasy purposes.
- DFS Strategy – Teach the winning strategies and how to identify what slates to use what strategies in.
- Monthly Rankings – Pre-season and monthly rankings by position and for AL ONLY, NL ONLY or Mixed leagues.
- Videos – Multiple times per week, we will deliver videos that break down important things going on in fantasy baseball or in that day’s slates for DFS.
- Live Streaming – We have created a live streaming technology that allows us to broadcast over Facebook, YouTube, Twitter (Periscope), on SportingNews.com and Live on FantasyAlarm.com. We will have these on the most important days for daily fantasy sports and weekly for seasonal fantasy sports fans.
- Podcasts – We will continue to deliver podcasts from the talented Fantasy Alarm team.
Research Tools for Daily & Seasonal Players
Since we recognize that all tools should be created for BOTH the daily and the seasonal player, our tools are fully customizable. For DFS, we will support as many contest types from FanDuel and DraftKings as possible and support four other sites: Yahoo!, Real-Time Daily, Fantasy Draft and Fanball. For seasonal players, we will provide syncing tools that will make all of our tools YOUR tools for YOUR league. Some of these tools are already out. The rest will be delivered by March 28th.
- Daily Lineups – The industries best lineups page. You can see batter vs pitcher info, projections, advanced metrics like wOBA vs RHP, Home/Away splits, Left/Right splits, Last 5 Games in DFS Scoring systems, DFS prices with Value meter, Year-to-Date stats and even see real-time stats fill in. It contains Vegas information plus all the info you need to use this as your research page and scoreboard. It even has real-time box scores for all the games built in with scoring systems.
- Weather Center – Breakdown and follow every game’s weather real-time with hour by hour weather, links to important game info and easy to see weather indicators to tell you whether to worry about delay or postponement.
- Daily & Seasonal Projections – Complete sortable projections. For DFS, we add salaries, projected points and value of those points to help you make the tough decisions and find the bargains.
- Sortable Stats - Complete REAL-TIME & Seasonal sortable stats including deep Sabrmetric stats in a sortable way. For DFS, we add salaries, projected points and value of those points.
- Lineup Generator - Different from other generators in that it considers 33 metrics, projections from numberFire updated every 10 minutes and the manual analysis of our entire team. It gives the user the ability to exclude or include certain players or games. With a slick new interface, it still delivers great lineups for several different slates and game types.
- Batter vs Pitcher – Complete sortable batter vs pitcher data so that you can look at the entire day with this lens.
- Closer Grid – Technology solution for the closer grid that is used all over the Internet. Gives the user the ability to see visually what the bullpen situations are. Our editorial team will add updates whenever there are changes.
- Umpire Report – Data driven report that shows today’s Homeplate umpires and how good a game caller they are. More information for selecting pitchers especially.
- Depth Charts – Up to the second depth charts managed by a team of ten producers.
- Probable Pitchers – Look seven days ahead with probable pitchers, recent performances and ballpark ratings.
- Ballpark Ratings – Sortable table with all the info about the ballparks that you could want.
- Ownership Projections – UFCollective projects the ownership for each player in big tournaments on FanDuel & DraftKings. This information in sortable form is a great way to get global information and additionally, the information is for our subscribers on all DFS features that it augments.
Have Fun & Win More Often
Let’s face it, it is simply more fun to win than to lose. Sometimes you just want to have fun and if you win, GREAT. FANation membership makes that possible to do both. Whether you play seasonal or daily fantasy sports, we have it all for you.