NASCAR DFS: AAA Texas 500 Practice Notes
**UPDATED THROUGH QUALIFYING** Matt Selz watches the NASCAR practices in order to give you all of the tidbits of information that are important from each session.
Practice To Qualifying
Final Practice for AAA Texas 500
Texas Motor Speedway
Friday, November 1 5:05 pm ET
50 minutes in length
A tad cooler than the first session but still 12 mph winds
No drivers were penalized for this session.
Top-20 Speeds (Single Lap)
Best Lap Averages
Items of Note:
- Ryan Blaney started in Q trim in this session and made a couple lap run before heading back to the garage.
- Kevin Harvick has gotten the most points at 1.5-mile tracks this season so far which bodes well for him making a playoff push the next two races.
- Martin Truex Jr. was feeling a vibration in his car the last time out on the track and the team is trying to diagnose the issue.
- Ryan Newman was testing the outside groove early in this session and was able to pass a couple of cars on the outside.
- Seven minutes into the session there was a pack of about six cars racing in a loosely formed group...