NASCAR DFS: South Point 400 Practice Notes
**UPDATED THROUGH FINAL PRACTICE** Matt Selz watches the NASCAR practices in order to give you all of the tidbits of information that are important from each session.
Final Practice for South Point 400
Las Vegas Motor Speedway
Friday, September 13th 7:30 pm ET
50 minutes in length
99 degrees air temp I Track Temp 132 degrees I Wind at 6 mph
No drivers were penalized for this session
Top-20 Speeds (single lap)
Best Lap Averages
Items of Note:
- Kyle Busch has been able to hold the throttle wide open for the first several laps of the run with the track temp over 130.
- Martin Truex Jr said in the first practice he made 20 laps and never cracked the throttle once.
- Kurt Busch said the car is on the splitter the whole time and he feels like it’s a completely different car than first practice.
- Joey Logano said on Sunday the line all the way up by the wall will be used when it will be very hot and slick.
- Kyle Larson said the car is better in 1 & 2 but it’s still tight in 3 & 4 and a bit bumpy.
- Jimmie Johnson said he gets tighter as...