NASCAR DFS: Go Bowling At The Glen Practice Notes
**UPDATED THROUGH QUALIFYING** Matt Selz watches the NASCAR practices in order to give you all of the tidbits of information that are important from each session.
Qualifying for Go Bowling At The Glen
Saturday, August 3 6:40 pm ET
Group qualifying in two rounds
Round 1: 25 minutes in length, top-12 advance
Round 2: 10 minutes in length to set pole
Items of Note:
- Group qualifying adds the challenge of finding a clean gap to get a run in even with 25 minutes in the first round.
- It takes more than a minute to run a warm-up lap and then more than a minute to run a qualifying run.
- This is an impound race meaning no one will be able to work on the cars after qualifying until just before the race tomorrow.
- Seven of the top-12 spots last year had to run two laps in the first session to secure those spots.
- Matt DiBenedetto’s best lap early in the session was right between his two single-lap runs in practice on Saturday.
- Michael McDowell’s first lap time of 1:10.55 was .15 seconds slower than his best time in practice.
- Erik Jones blew a right-front tire after locking up the car in a corner but didn’t...